Monday 3 September 2012

Banana Vodka

Last week I went on something of a Banana frenzy, much to the consternation of anyone who knows me.. raising several questions as to my sanity and why Bananas. Any Banana lover understands of course, the attraction of the taste of Bananas on a regular basis. That said.. I did buy a LOT of Bananas and made several dishes with a Banana basis, eg.: Several Banana Smoothies; Banana and Oat Biscuits; Vodka Banana Milkshake Ice Lollies; Banana and Date Loaf; Banana Tart Tatin and the subject here, Banana Vodka.


I'm starting with this one, as it's so simple, though it takes some time to make it.. two days.. though to be honest, that's just waiting.

Having bought so many Bananas recently I was looking up new ways to use them up and came across a Youtube link.. and after watching, I just had to give it a go. I didn't make any measurements, just put two bananas and some Finlandia Vodka I had into a jug, put some clingfilm over it and left it in the fridge for two days. The end result was pretty good, though mellowed out over the day myself and some friends drank some at a BBQ. I was quite pleased when one of the girls at the BBQ searched me out to ask for more - that's a recommendation if ever there was one, in fact she has today asked me how to make it :). Next time, I think I'd try a less flavourful Vodka, to allow the focus to be on the bananas more, but I liked it and will definitely be doing it again.

Anyway.. here's the original video - enjoy:


No comments:

Post a Comment