Tuesday 4 September 2012

Banana Protein Fluff

My favourite food based blog and one which I fully intend to try more recipes from, be they Banana based or not, is the Protein Pow Blog. The reason I started following this blog was entirely accidental, as I had recently bought a lot of Banana Protein Powders, being as how I was on a fitness drive, and was looking for some Banana Smoothie recipes. I found some on Anna's blog and oh so much more :)

The simplest recipe that Anna provided was the Banana Protein Fluff recipe, which also formed the basis for a Banana Ice Cream, too. This depends entirely on whether you can bear to wait for it after putting it into the freezer, or want to eat it straight away. I now have a plentiful supply of frozen banana slices sitting in the freezer for whenever I desire, which means I get a lovely fluff.


Now Anna has a few ingredients that she recommends, though I've not actually managed to get them in the same place at the same time, but that doesn't matter, as the recipe is a guide to an unimaginably easy and lovely treat regardless. Anna uses a frozen Banana, unsweetened Whey Protein powder and some coconut milk. Well, I have a Banana (Frozen is best, but not required), Banana Protein Powder and some skimmed milk.

Ingredients

  • one medium frozen banana
  • one scoop of banana protein powder (you don't have to, but I do like bananas)
  • 30ml of skimmed milk

Method

  • Put all the ingredients into a food processor and whisk until it's light and fluffy

yes - it's that easy.. I haven't managed to take the fluff out of the processor and into a bowl yet, I just use a spatula and eat right out of the food processor bowl - absolutely delicious! Thanks Anna!

Next time I make it - I'll add my own pic to this - the pic above is from the Protein Pow Blog! :)

EDIT: In the comments of her blog, Anna linked to the following Youtube video showing how to make the same recipe with Berries - you can use any fruit, really - experimentation is key - good luck! :)


3 comments:

  1. I followed these instructions and it came out like a smoothie, no matter how long it was in the food processor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blend it in the food processor then transfer to a mixer with whisk attachment

      Delete
    2. @Brianna - you might have had too much liquid or not enough Protein Powder.. I've done the same a few times when I haven't got the ratios right. Let us know how it goes :-)

      Delete