Tuesday 4 September 2012

Banana and Walnut Biscuits

One of the first Banana recipes I actually cooked, following my recent Banana / Baking resurgence was a recipe that the Protein Pow blog retweeted. It was an easy re-entry to baking.. the only difficulty I had was in finding some Oatbran, which I eventually found in a Sainsbury's Superstore.. once that final ingredient had been obtained, there was no stopping me. I've done this twice in the last few weeks, subtlety modifying the recipe the second time by adding some peanut butter with the idea of making it a bit sweeter for my housemate (who has a bit of a sweet tooth). That said, he didn't actually eat any, as he's on a bit of a health kick at the moment and couldn't spare the calories - yum! more for me :)


Ingredients

  • 4 overripe Bananas - I actually keep adding more bananas as they're rarely ripe enough
  • 120g Oatbran
  • 100g Crushed Walnuts
  • 2 tbsp Cinnamon

Method

  • Mash the bananas (I did it by hand - lovely)
  • Mix all the other ingredients in with the bananas (yes, it is this easy)
  • Cover and leave the mixture for 15-20 minutes to allow the Oatbran to absorb the Bananas/Moisture. This allows the mixture time to thicken
  • Bake at 180DegC on a lined baking tray for approximately 15 minutes

Here are a couple of pics of my first batch in progress :)

I didn't have any baking paper at the time, so I used foil on my first attempt - not the best idea as the mixture does stick to it.. best to buy some baking paper (as I did on my second attempt) and they just slide off :)

Finished plate

I'd already had a couple by the time I took this photo, they are really nommy. I love the flavour and texture that the Oatbran provides :)



No comments:

Post a Comment