Sunday 16 September 2012

Banana Protein Latte

I cannot possibly recommend this enough. The taste of even the most basic attempt at this is so good and beats a lot of proper flavoured drinks available in coffee shops.. and of course, it is so much better for you than a sugary flavoured syrup in your coffee!

Taking my inspiration, as always, from the Protein Pow blog, I got turned onto the idea of making a Banana Protein Latte. As usual, I don't have all the ingredients that Anna has, so I compromised a bit and still ended up with delicious banana flavoured results :-)

Anna has a recipe for a Banana Cream & Coconut Protein Latte, which sounds delicious with Coconut Milk and other goodness. I will be trying Anna's full recipe at some point, in the meantime this is a simple compromise, which probably needs a little more stirring and effort to get right.


Ingredients


  • One cup of freshly brewed black coffee
  • One serving (to taste) of Banana Protein Powder

Method


  • Make a cup of coffee (I prefer some fresh percolated coffee for this)
  • add the protein powder
  • stir until mixed in properly


Now, one issue with the way I do this is that I get a little clumping of the powder, which requires a little extra work to blend properly with the coffee. This can be abated by doing a little at a time, or using a fork to stir the powder into the coffee. Whatever happens, the result is gorgeously banana flavoured and full of protein goodness :) - I have used anything from 15g to 35g of Banana flavoured Whey Protein powder per mug of coffee and it has always delicious. Obviously, I'm drinking some now and am about to have a little bit more..

Of course, Whey Protein is made from milk, so is perfect in coffee, IMHO [Wikipedia]

EDIT: I have been recommended to try a coffee frother to help with the clumping issue, so will be investigating that later :-)

1 comment:

  1. just to update.. coffee frother received and it solves the problem completely! Very happy with the results achieved! :-)

    ReplyDelete