Tuesday 4 September 2012

Banana and Date Loaf (Lurpak)

I've still got lots of Bananas left and they're ripening up very nicely, which of course means that they'll give more of that Banana flavour when used in baking.. so, although I like the idea of making healthy food, I did have some butter left over from the weekend's baking antics, so went for this recipe from the Lurpak website.


It was such a simple recipe, I just blitzed all the ingredients in the Food processor and poured them into a new Silicone Loaf 'tin' that I got this weekend, chucked the whole thing in the oven and waited. At the right time, and after a 'little' bit of cooling I had to have some - delicious! Probably the best pure Banana Loaf I have made to date.. most of the ones I normally try tend not to have added fat, so are more of a breakfast loaf. This one was pure dessert, *nom*.

Ingredients

  • 125g Butter (Lurpak)
  • 100g Sugar (Brown is the best) - I used some Demerera that I had in the cupboard
  • 2 tbsp honey - I didn't actually add any honey as it was sweet enough for me
  • 2 eggs
  • 225g Self Raising Flour
  • 3 Ripe Bananas
  • 100g dates (chopped)

Method

  1. Mix the butter & sugar together, add the honey and eggs. Mix well.
  2. Add flour and mix again (I sieved the flour first)
  3. Mash the bananas with a fork and add to the mix along with the dates
  4. Add to a prepared loaf tin (greased/lined if you need to) and bake for 1 hour 15 mins at 160DegC
  5. Let it cool on a wire rack, cut it into slices and dig in.
at some point I'll actually take some shots of the ones I made myself, so you can see how it turned out - warts and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment