Sunday 14 October 2012

Protein Banana Bread Gone Bananas

As part of my attempt to move into eating healthy food, but without losing out on too many treats I'm discovering the joys of cooking with Protein Powders. This is not something that I would have considered previously, but slowly I became exposed to Whey Protein Powders as a way to help improve my health and help me lose some weight, and from that I discovered several sites where Cooking with Protein Powders was the focus. Again, the primary site was Protein Pow(d)er and it's from there that this recipe comes from.



There's only a few differences between the recipe I made and Anna's original, all of which she commented on in her original article. Firstly I used Walnuts, instead of Brazil nuts, the reason for this was that I ate the Brazil Nuts yesterday :). Secondly, I used Anna's 'Buried Banana' trick to add even more of a direct banana effect to the recipe - It worked! Thirdly, I used Kara Coconut milk instead of normal milk :-)

Ingredients


  • 2 Medium bananas (plus one for the buried banana effect)
  • 22g Coconut Flour (first time I've used this - It's fantastic and smells lovely)
  • 3 whole eggs
  • 1 egg white
  • 46g Oats
  • 54g Banana Whey (My favourite Whey Protein Powder Flavouring, natch)
  • 105ml milk (I used Kara Coconut Milk)
  • 8 Walnuts (or 16 Walnut Halves ;-) - Obviously, you can choose different nuts too)
  • 1tbsp Baking Powder

Method


  • Mix/Blend all the ingredients together
  • Pour into a Loaf Tin (or a Silicone Loaf 'tin' is my preference)
  • Put in the oven at 160DegC (or 140DegC for Fan assisted ovens) for 40mins+ - mine took 50mins before my knife came out clean, proving that the loaf was properly baked
  • Cool on a wire rack and it'll be ready to slice and serve when cooled

Please do check out Anna's site - There's more there than just Banana recipes (and I do try some of the others too!).

No comments:

Post a Comment